recommended episodes from Radiotopia
- How is COVID-19 impacting truckers?, On the Road – a quick check-in from Long Haul Paul responding to people's questions about what this situation means for truckers.
- Roman Mars describes things as they are, 99% Invisible – from Roman: "my job in this world is to tell stories about all the thought that goes into the things most people don’t think about. And since many of us are stuck at home, maybe alone or lonely, I thought we’d spend some time exploring this place we call home together — just you and me." a good diversion, if you're in need of one.
- Unsheltered in Place, 99% Invisible – "In the aftermath of a sudden disaster, people come together to help, but everything changes when the disaster is ongoing — and even more so when physically coming together poses medical risks both for communities that need assistance and would-be volunteers."
- COVID Sucks, People Don't – Hank Green talks to people who are trying to make things better during these pandemic days. encouragement rooted in the science, engineering, and logistics of how that is happening, because that's what Hank likes and understands.
- Our Plague Year – "Joseph Fink introduces a new kind of current events podcast. An island in a storm of bad headlines. An experiment in public anxiety. It's a scary year, but it doesn't have to be scary alone." an opportunity to observe and live this year together. you can also leave a voice message for the show, and it may be included in a future episode.
- Our Show (from Rumble Strip) – Erica Heilman invites everyone to send in recordings from wherever they are in the world. snippets of life in isolation. a show about all of us. this show is the most "alone together" of the podcasts I've listened to. there are seven episodes, and that's the end for now, but if people begin sending in recordings again, she may make more.
for more resources and things to do, see in times of pandemic.